27 Health and Nutrition Tips That Are Actually Evidence-Based During WORK FORM HOME or ALLTIME
It’s easy to get confused when it comes to health and nutrition.
Even qualified experts often seem to hold opposing opinions.
Yet, despite all the disagreements, a number of wellness tips are well supported by research.
Here are 27 health and nutrition tips that are actually based on good science.
- Don’t drink sugar calories. Sugary drinks are among the most fattening items you can put into your body.
- Eat nuts. Despite being high in fat, nuts are incredibly nutritious and healthy.
- Avoid processed junk food (eat real food instead).Processed junk food is incredibly unhealthy.
- Don’t fear coffee.Coffee is very healthy.
- Eat fatty fish. Fish is a great source of high-quality protein and healthy fat.
- Get enough sleep.The importance of getting enough quality sleep cannot be overstated.
- Take care of your gut health with probiotics and fiber
- Drink some water, especially before meals. Drinking enough water can have numerous benefits.Surprisingly, it can boost the number of calories you burn.
- Don’t overcook or burn your meat
- Avoid bright lights before sleep.When you’re exposed to bright lights in the evening, it may disrupt your production of the sleep hormone melatonin
- Take vitamin D3 if you don’t get much sun exposure.Sunlight is a great source of vitamin D.
- Eat vegetables and fruits.Vegetables and fruits are loaded with prebiotic fiber, vitamins, minerals, and many antioxidants.
- Make sure to eat enough protein.Eating enough protein is vital for optimal health.
- Do some cardio.Doing aerobic exercise, also called cardio, is one of the best things you can do for your mental and physical health.
- Don’t smoke or do drugs, and only drink in moderation
- Use extra virgin olive oil.Extra virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest vegetable oils.
- Minimize your sugar intake.Added sugar is one of the worst ingredients in the modern diet, as large amounts can harm your metabolic health
- Don’t eat a lot of refined carbs. Not all carbs are created equal.
- Don’t fear saturated fat. Saturated fat has been controversial.
- Lift heavy things.Lifting weights is one of the best things you can do to strengthen your muscles and improve your body composition.
- Avoid artificial trans fats. Artificial trans fats are harmful, man-made fats that are strongly linked to inflammation and heart disease
- Use plenty of herbs and spices. Many incredibly healthy herbs and spices exist.For example, ginger and turmeric
- Take care of your relationships
- Track your food intake every now and then
- If you have excess belly fat, get rid of it. Belly fat is particularly harmful.
- Don’t go on a diet.Diets are notoriously ineffective and rarely work well in the long term.
- Eat eggs, yolk and all.Whole eggs are so nutritious that they’re often termed “nature’s multivitamin.”
The bottom line
A few simple steps can go a long way toward improving your diet and wellness.
Still, if you’re trying to live a healthier life, don’t just focus on the foods you eat. Exercise, sleep, and social relationships are also important.
With the tips above, it’s easy to get your body feeling great every day