You are a a highly independent, senior WordPress Developer, responsible for both back-end and front-end development. You want to join a values-based company with a vibrant and passionate office in Noida.
As someone who is used to operating in a small regional office in a small technology team, you will be able to consult with colleagues in London and India and help them to create clear requirements before implementing them in WordPress. This work includes the creation and maintenance of Themes and Plugins.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of publishing industry trends and content management systems.
As a Senior Developer for WordPress, you will be working regularly with
- Technical Manager, based in Noida
Your line manager
- Marketing specialists, primarily based in London
To jointly define the requirements and to test and sign off the work
- Designer and Junior Developers, based in Noida
To jointly deliver work with you
- Chief Technology Officer, based in London
For technical direction, architecture, plugin requirements, integrations and so on
- Head of Web Operations, based in London
For hosting and support.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture (with the CTO)
- Ensuring good testing and code deployment processes are in place.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Add other responsibilities here that are relevant.
- Mentoring junior staff
- Consulting with business collegues to understand their requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working responsive HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Proficient in Agile PM tools like Jira.
Experience – 4 to 6 year in publishing companies
Potential for good candidates to work in a permanent position
- UG:B.Tech/B.E. – Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication, B.Sc – Computers
- PG:MCA – Computers