Why Do You Need a Resume
Do you know what’s a RESUME and why is it important especially for FRESHERS???
A RESUME IS
- A summary of your objectives, educational qualification, experience, skills relevant to the field of work you are going to enter. Here you can detail down each.
- It highlights your accomplishments to show a potential employer that you are qualified for the work you want. Remember it is not a biography of everything you have done.
- Its core PURPOSE is to get you an interview.
- A resume can or should reflect more than just your education.
- As a fresher the experience lies in the projects, seminars, workshops etc. you pursue during your academics.
- Showcase your important details like extracurricular, volunteer & leadership experiences.
- Tailoring separate resumes to fit each career field in which you are job searching may be important. Some people create slightly different resumes tailored to each job opening.
A resume is a mirror reflection of you!
IMPORTANCE OF A GOOD RESUME
Practically speaking, above the minimum wage levels we definitely require you to submit a resume in order to be considered for the position. I have received more than 1000 resumes for a single opening. Resumes are first used as a way to weed out unlikely candidates. This may be resumes with errors, spelling errors, appearance, incomplete details etc ..
We look into resumes that are a perfect or near perfect fit for the advertised opening. Further the resumes are scrutinized for reasons to interview candidates which would be education, additional training, community involvement, life experiences and anything else that might indicate that this is an outstanding candidate.
We would have lost loads of good resumes but the ones we selected to be interviewed were good candidates as well. The purpose of a resume is to get you to the interview stage of the hiring process. If you are serious about wanting a call for your first job? Build a winning Resume first!
Always remember a resume answers a question to the interviewer i.e. TELL ME WHO YOU ARE? A resume is a 1 or 2 page summary of yourself, your skills, accomplishments, education etc…. The art lies in choosing and showcasing the best about you.
Do you need more help?
If all of this sounds positive but a little bit overwhelming, don’t worry.
We have the author of a unique series of job search guides designed for those job seekers who want to kick their job search into a new gear and take control of their careers.
“Our comprehensive Career Solutions Packages provide 360° professional branding to help you gain the competitive EDGE and position you well for your next job”